Thursday, October 31, 2013

I'm Back!!

Thank you for your patience.  We have moved into a lovely house.  (And I will not regale you with the stories about the quickly replaced roof, leaky dishwasher, brand new-too-wide dryer... I won't...)


Thanks to Liz Baumeister of A. Elizabeth Baumeister Images for the lovely picture!

Needless to say, I am excited to be back blogging.  It means I actually have time to sit down!

I've enjoyed having some time off from the deadlines of blogging, but it's been so great to get into some new music.  I'm itching to share it.  I would also like to encourage everyone to get plugged in to the local music community, even if that's only on Facebook. I've been to several events this summer hosted by local chapters of the MTNA (Music Teacher's National Association).  It is so encouraging to speak with other teachers and get suggestions, encouragement, and good laughs.  

My unplanned hiatus was longer than I expected, so for the end of this year, I will be concluding the book series I have already started posting, including: 
Grand Solos by Melody Bober
Pretime to Bigtime Classics Series
In Recital Throughout They Year Volume 2

I will also be posting a new series: 
Once Upon A Rainbow - put out by Faber

I have some fun plans for next year, and I want to kick-start those, so the sheet music and technique posts will not be scheduled weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment